Why purchase this First Day of Issue 2021 American Silver Eagle Type-2 bullion coin?
The Type-2 American Silver Eagle coin was launched by the U.S. Mint in 2021, introducing a newly designed rendition of the U.S. national bird on the reverse.
- This 2021 American Silver Eagle coin represents the inaugural release of the Type-2 reverse design.
- The expertly minted 40.60 mm diameter coin contains 1 Troy oz. of .999 fine silver.
- The coin is struck with an innovative reeded edge variation for counterfeit prevention.
- The impeccably graded coin earned the coveted First Day of Issue designation.
- A label hand-signed by Basketball Hall of Fame 1980 inductee Jerry West is included with the coin.
Powerful Type-2 Silver Eagle Imagery
Obverse: Lady Liberty is depicted on the obverse as a young woman walking towards a dawning sun with an American flag draped around her form. Inscriptions include “LIBERTY,” “2021” and “IN GOD WE TRUST.” For the first time since the series’ introduction in 1986, the design includes the “AW” monogram in recognition of the work of sculptor Adolph A. Weinman, which was originally created for the 1916 Walking Liberty Half Dollar.
Reverse: The reverse is adorned with an eagle grasping an oak branch, with its wings raised to slow its descent. Inscribed “UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,” “E PLURIBUS UNUM,” “1 OZ. FINE SILVER” and “ONE DOLLAR.” The design is credited to Emily Damstra, a member of the U.S. Mint Artistic Infusion Program since 2014.
Mint State 70 Excellence
This 2021 American Silver Eagle Type-2 coin was submitted to the Professional Coin Grading Service (PCGS) for review within twenty-four hours of release. Featuring a perfectly sharp strike, flawless surfaces and outstanding eye appeal, the coin was awarded the superior grade of Mint State 70. The authenticated First Day of Issue silver dollar is attractively presented in a protective PCGS holder, with a certification label bearing the signature of Jerry West, a former NBA athlete who was named to the NBA 75th Anniversary Team in 2021. Notably, West is said to be the inspiration for the NBA’s iconic logo that features a silhouette of a basketball player.