Why purchase this Type 2 2021 American Silver Eagle?
Be a part of the US Mint’s celebration of the 35th anniversary of the American Silver Eagle with this stunning piece. This is the first ever Type 2 version of the coin, which replaced the Type 1 version in mid-2021. The new type has a new reverse design by Emily Damstra and also includes for the first time in series history Adolph Weinman’s artist mark on the obverse.
- This coin is $1 legal tender in the United States.
- This Silver Eagle was struck from 1 oz of .999 fine silver.
- The Silver Eagle is one of the world’s most popular bullion coins.
- 2021 marks the first year of issue of the Type 2 version of the coin.
- The new version has a new reverse design and bears Adolph Weinman’s artist mark on the obverse.
- This is part of the 35th anniversary edition of the series.
- Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) graded this coin Mint State 70.
- This coin was encapsulated with a certification label containing 1 gram of .999 fine silver!
- These .999 fine silver special edition labels will be limited in issue on 2021 Silver Eagles to only 5,000 labels!
- The coin comes in a black core holder.
Stunning Eagle Landing Design by Emily Damstra
Obverse: On the obverse is the historic Walking Liberty design of Adolph Weinman. The morning sun begins to rise as Liberty, draped in the American flag, carries laurel and oak branches in the foreground. Obverse inscriptions include “LIBERTY,” “IN GOD WE TRUST,” and “2021.” Adolph Weinman designed two of the most famous coins in American history, the Walking Liberty Half Dollar and the Mercury Dime. Besides making these and other numismatic contributions, he was also a prominent sculptor.
Reverse: Emily Damstra’s new reverse design features an eagle landing with an oak branch in its talons. “E PLURIBUS UNUM” is inscribed just inside the rim inscriptions. Those rim inscriptions read, “UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,” “ONE DOLLAR,” and “1 OZ. FINE SILVER.”
Perfect MS70 with Black Core Holder and .999 fine Silver Label
The experts at Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) graded this coin Mint State 70, which means that it appears perfect as seen under 5x magnification. The certification label is made from 1 gram of .999 fine silver and the coin comes set in a sleek black core holder, resulting in a stunning visual presentation.