Why purchase this perfectly graded Final Production Type-1 2021 American Silver Eagle bullion coin?
2021 was a milestone year for the U.S. Mint’s American Silver Eagle series, as the Mint discontinued the iconic heraldic eagle Type-1 reverse design and introduced the Type-2 eagle landing graphic. With the transition occurring mid-year, collectors were offered an opportunity to acquire the final release to feature the classic reverse that was created by John Mercanti, the Mint’s currently retired 12th Chief Engraver and most prolific designer in Mint history.
- This 2021 American Silver Eagle coin is minted with the Type-1 heraldic eagle reverse.
- The coin was part of the final 200,000 2021 Type-1 Silver Eagles ever struck!
- The 40.60 mm diameter bullion coin is crafted from 1 Troy oz. of .999 fine silver.
- The perfectly graded coin includes an exclusive eagle themed label.
- Of the entire mintage of 2021 Type-1 Silver Eagle bullion coins, only 200,000 are eligible for the Final T1 Production designation.
Patriotic Type-1 Silver Eagle Imagery
Obverse: Lady Liberty is depicted walking on the obverse, elegantly draped in the flag of the United States. This timeless personification of Liberty was initially minted upon the 1916 Walking Liberty Half Dollar, which was designed by renowned early 20th century American sculptor Adolph A. Weinman. Inscribed “LIBERTY,” “2021” and “IN GOD WE TRUST.”
Reverse: The reverse is adorned with a heraldic eagle clutching a cluster of arrows and an olive branch. Inscribed “UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,” “1 OZ. FINE SILVER,” “ONE DOLLAR” and “E PLURIBUS UNUM.”
Magnificent Mint State 70 Perfection
The Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) received this 2021 American Silver Eagle for review and determined that it was part of the final 200,000 Type 1 Silver Eagles ever struck and awarded it their “Final T1 Production.” Featuring an impeccable strike, flawless surfaces and spectacular eye appeal, the coin was awarded the perfect grade of Mint State 70. The 1 oz. silver coin is encapsulated in a NGC protective holder, accompanied by an exclusive ModernCoinMart eagle style certification label confirming its exciting Final T1 Production pedigree.