Why order this 2021 Type 2 American 1 oz Silver Eagle?
Share in the US Mint’s celebration of the 35th anniversary of the world’s favorite bullion coin with this 2021 Type 2 Silver Eagle. The iconic series is changed for good in 2021 with the inclusion of enhanced security measures, such as the inclusion of breaks in the serration of the rim, and the inclusion of Adolph Weinman’s artist mark for the first time. The biggest change of all is the inclusion of a new reverse design. A Landing Eagle design by Emily Damstra takes the place of John Mercanti’s adaptation of the Great Seal of the United States on the reverse.
- This coin is part of the 35th anniversary issue of the American Silver Eagle.
- The Silver Eagle is one of the world’s most popular bullion coins.
- This piece is $1 U.S. legal tender.
- This is the Type 2 version of the coin, which replaced the Type 1 version in mid-2021.
- This coin has enhanced security features, including breaks in the serration of the edge.
- Adolph Weinman’s artist mark is included on the obverse for the first time.
- Emily Damstra’s Landing Eagle design replaces John Mercanti’s adaptation of the Great Seal of the United States on the reverse.
- Professional Coin Grading Service (PCGS) graded this piece Mint State 70.
- PCGS certified this coin First Day of Issue.
- Grading information is provided on a label that bears the American flag.
- The coin has been set in a blue frame.
Exquisite Landing Eagle Design by Emily Damstra
Obverse: Adolph Weinman’s Walking Liberty design retains its place on the obverse. The morning sun begins to rise as Liberty carries laurel and oak branches while draped in the American flag. Obverse inscriptions include “LIBERTY,” the national motto, “IN GOD WE TRUST,” and the date, “2021.” Adolph Weinman’s artist mark also appears for the first time on a coin in the series. Adolph Weinman is among the best known designers in American numismatic history. His most famous contributions are the Walking Liberty Half Dollar and the Mercury Dime.
Reverse: Emily Damstra’s Landing Eagle design, which was sculpted by Michael Gaudioso, graces the reverse. An eacle holds an oak branch in its talons as it prepares to land. It is joined by four inscriptions, “UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,” “ONE DOLLAR,” and “1 OZ. FINE SILVER,” which are on the rim, and “E PLURIBUS UNUM,” which is just inside the rim inscriptions.
Perfect MS70 FDI with Blue Frame and Flag Label
Professional Coin Grading Service (PCGS) set this coin in a blue frame and provided the grading information on a label that bears an American flag. The grading company awarded this piece its highest grade, Mint State 70, which means that the coin appears perfect even under 5x magnification. PCGS also certified this coin First Day of Issue.