Why order this 2020-S Reverse Proof American Innovation South Carolina Dollar?
This ninth issue in the American Innovation Series is perfect for collectors who are interested in civil rights. The coin’s reverse honors Septima Clark, an educator and innovator. Under Clark’s leadership, the Southern Christian Leadership Conference established over 800 citizenship schools.
- This coin is $1 legal tender in the United States.
- This coin bears the “S” mint mark of the San Francisco Mint.
- This reverse proof is part of a mintage of 50,000 pieces.
- The coin is the ninth issue in the American Innovation Dollar Series.
- The coin bears a stylized gear privy mark.
- This issue honors Septima Poinsette Clark, an educator and leader in the civil rights movement.
- Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) graded this piece Reverse Proof 70.
- NGC provided its grade on an Innovation themed label.
Powerful Septima Clark and Students Design by Justin Kunz
Obverse: The coin’s obverse design was created by Dustin Kunz and sculpted by Phebe Hemphill. It shows a side view of the Statue of Liberty holding her torch high. Inscriptions on this face include the national motto, “IN GOD WE TRUST,” and the coin’s face value, “$1.” Beneath the national motto is a privy mark of a stylized gear, which symbolizes innovation and industry.
Reverse: Three African-American students and Septima Clark march carrying books and an American flag in Kunz’s reverse design, which was also sculpted by Hemphill sculpted the image. On the left are the inscriptions “UNITED STATES OF AMERICA” and “SEPTIMA CLARK.” “SOUTH CAROLINA” is inscribed along the rim at the bottom.
Flawless Rev PF70 with Innovation Label
Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) awarded this coin its highest grade, Reverse Proof 70. That means that the coin appears perfect under 5x magnification. This grade comes provided on an Innovation themed certification label.