Why order this 2019-W 25C Clad (Idaho) River of No Return Wilderness Quarter?
The America the Beautiful Series took collectors on a tour of some of America’s national parks. In 2019, quarters bearing the West Point Mint’s “W” mint mark were added into circulation. Two million pieces of each of the five quarters from that year bore the mark, and all were released directly into circulation.
- This coin is 25 cents American legal tender.
- This issue bears the “W” mint mark of the West Point Mint.
- 2019 was the first year that circulated quarters were issued with “W” mint marks.
- All two million of these coins with this design were released directly into circulation.
- This coin represents Idaho in the America the Beautiful Quarters Series.
- Professional Coin Grading Service (PCGS) graded this piece Mint State 64.
- PCGS certified this piece First Week of Issue.
Breathtaking Drift Boat Design by Emily Damstra
Obverse: John Flanagan’s 1932 portrait of President George Washington features on the obverse. To the left and right, respectively, are the inscriptions “LIBERTY” and “IN GOD WE TRUST.” Above and below the portrait are inscriptions of the name of the issuing country, “UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,” and the face value of the coin, “QUARTER DOLLAR.” John Flanagan was a sculptor who was best known for his numismatic contributions.
Reverse: The reverse design is the work of Emily Damstra. It features a piloted drift boat on rushing rapids in Idaho’s vast wilderness. Inscriptions on this face include the name of the featured park, “RIVER OF NO RETURN WILDERNESS,” the name of the state in which it is located, “IDAHO,” the date, “2019,” and the statutory motto “E PLURIBUS UNUM.” Emily Damstra has been designing American coins since 2017. She has an MFA from the University of Michigan.
Beautifully Preserved MS64 First Week Issue
Professional Coin Grading Service (PCGS) graded this piece Mint State 64. That grade means that the coin has scattered marks and hairlines and an average or better strike. PCGS also certified this piece First Week of Issue. That certification is significant because all examples of this coin were released directly into circulation.